Thursday, November 15, 2007

I knit a basket, a hat and take a cold hard look at the stash

I was trying to knit this hat. I ignored all manner of advise on what yarn to use. I used a very bulky yarn and made the blue one in the background of this picture. It's hard to tell, but it's so thick and big that I might just add handles and call it basket. As Pee Wee Herman said, "I meant to do that!". So, I looked in the stash and found some less bulky yarn and started again. That's the one that's almost done in the front of this picture. I like it. It's for Tom's neurosurgeon. He's a snowboarder. You gotta keep a snowboarding neurosurgeon warm! Here is a fairly innocent looking bureau.
Here's a wee peek behind the bureau.
And, here's what happened when I emptied the bureau, the bags from behind it, the bags next to the couch, the bags behind the couch, the basket next to the t.v. etc.
The stash. In. one. place. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Tom came upstairs. Oh, I can't suggest you EVER let the husband see the stash all at once like this. Stephanie warned us all, but it happened. No manner of explanation about "having only one skein left from a project", or, "my mom gave it to me, " or "but they were 99 cents a piece!" could soothe the man. I don't think I'll be buying any yarn soon.

5 comments:

Mallow said...

Oh, Carrie - this is hilarious! But so brave of you! I'm still in a state of denial about my stash.

Laura A said...

Ha ha.

My stash is all primarily in one place. For the most part. And Nate is very aware of it, as it's in clear bins (that he bought) under the bed, on both his side and mine. But I haven't laid it all out in a single layer. On the plus side, I've been knitting a lot from it recently.

At the moment, I have fluffs of locks, combed locks, swatches, needles, felting kits, and open books and magazines all. over. the. kitchen islands. I've been waiting for him to say something. He hasn't yet.

WhitFromFL said...

As I explained to my mom- I could have spent the money I spent on all the yarn she saw sprawled out one day on two new outfits... or on something that gives me hours of enjoyment and functional gifts for me and others!! =)

lesbian aunt sex stories said...

Phillips, did you know the android before you realized it was an android. Stay on the line.
sex post free stories
gay interacial sex stories
adult stories beastiality
free taboo sex stories
underage incest stories free
Phillips, did you know the android before you realized it was an android. Stay on the line.

bdsm college beastality stories said...

So she swallowed the powerful liquor, smiled bravely up at her lord, even though the burning liquid almost brought tears to her eyes. I cant tell you, mom.
taboo stories
free stories on erotic lactation
free illustrated sex stories
teen gay sex stories
nifty brother stories
So she swallowed the powerful liquor, smiled bravely up at her lord, even though the burning liquid almost brought tears to her eyes. I cant tell you, mom.