Tuesday, October 10, 2006

You know you don't like something when. . .

you make something else entirely unplanned to avoid working on the thing you don't like! I am somehow compelled to keep working on the stinkin' stockin' even though I'm not happy with it. It's just a little too busy for me. However, I keep knitting and knitting and knitting on it. I keep thinking that adding more to it will make it better, but I just don't like it. I figure it's a learning experience. I'll eventually give up on it and move on. So, to distract myself, I whipped out a little scarf as a gift. The picture makes the colors look a little funny. It's just the bush and the light that do it. It's with Debbie Bliss Soho in colorway 02. . .yummy.

Tom and I are going to California for a board meeting for his work (and my birthday). We will be leaving Abby for 5 nights with Tom's parents. I've only been away from Abby for no longer than 12 hours before. I'm struggling with the idea of being gone for so long. However, to make it feel a little better, the Board Chair is putting us up in the Yosemite Lodge at the Falls for our last night there as a treat. So, as she's WAY rich, I figured I'd give her a handmade scarf as a thank you gift since she already has everything in the world she'd need or want.

And, just in case you are dying to see the stinkin' stockin':

Thanks for the ideas. I especially like Amy Lu's idea of duplicate stitching santa's face with a flesh color. If I liked the stocking enough, I'd totally do that. And Laura, don't worry, I'm not giving up on knitting and I won't really go get stockings from Pottery Barn!

No comments: