Saturday, February 17, 2007

Lots of Random-ness

It's been a while and I have a lot of projects to show off!
There have been a lot of babies to craft for, my new nephew to welcome, Abby to appease. It's been a whirlwind.
Here are some pics:
There's an i-river cozy for Tom's new favorite toy ,



















a hat for a very selfless teacher,



















a little flannel bag of Wise Woman Cards for my yoga instructor,




















some oilcloth bibs with pearlized snaps,














a serged baby blanket,



















the finished clubhouse for Nephew Ethan,














a pink scarf for my dear friend Hazel,



















My little cutie modeling Tom's hat, my panta and the sweater my mom made for her. I did the hood and extended the bottom, adding the ribbing so she could wear it later. She loves to mix those colors and wear the bee boots with everything! Notice that the boots are on the wrong feet. .. always the "wrong" feet!





















And, the hello kitty sleeping bag and pillow for Abby. We were hoping that this last one would help with the seemingly ridiculous sleeping issues that Abby's been having lately. When I CRIED during a parent meeting at our little pre-3 co-op, some of the parents suggested, well, they suggested everything. But one of them thought that Abby doesn't like having her blankets fall off. She's been waking up 2, 3 and sometimes 4 times a night and asking for help resettling. So, the idea was to make her a sleeping sack so the blankets don't fall off. I took her to the fabric store and she picked out the hello kitty ($15/yard. . . thank goodness I had a half off coupon! Jeesh!) fabric and started calling it her "kitty blanket". This is especially cute since my security blanket was called Kitty Blanket as well. In the end, this causes more frustration for her, because she can't get her blanket zipped and now screams for help with that!





















I've started some felted slippers (the alpine boots on the side bar at the left) for Abby and I really want to do this sweater for her too.

That's more than enough from me for now.

1 comment:

Laura A said...

I have a serger, I need to learn how to use it. I never have! And I haven't made the Panta, but I have the pattern printed and the yarn to do it. Was it easy? The instructions sounded so loosey-goosey.

It's neat that you make time to be creative.